Water heaters are essential for shower comfort, especially in the late nights or early mornings. Storage water heaters are popular among households with rain showers. A poorly maintained storage water heater can cost more to operate, or even cause damage to your home.
Here are some simple tips to keep your water heaters running efficiently and reliably, increasing their lifespan:
- Keep a regular maintenance schedule, preferably once a year. As water is being flushed into the storage water heater tank, debris and dirt may also accumulate in the bottom of your tank. Regular flushing of your water heater tank keeps it clean from such dirt and dust.
- Regularly check your water heater pipe connections, valves, and underneath the unit for any signs of leakage. It is normal to see drips of water heater, but if there is an obvious heavy leakage or if you see water flowing out from the valve, do contact a certified technician for maintenance as soon as possible.
- Problems with a water heater may be minor and the solution may come from just turning the water heater on and off. In other cases, contact a certified technician to ensure that your water heater is not damaged.
- Ensure that your water heater is being installed by certified technicians, as improper installation will not only significantly increase the cost to operate, it may also cause severe disruption to your home.
- Try not to conceal your water heaters, so that it is easy to spot leakage or signs of abnormality.
A note to all homeowners using the Ariston Andris Slim 20, do ensure to leave a 50cm clearance on the left side of your storage water heater for easy future maintenance.